Sunday, March 18, 2018

THE WEEK THAT WAS--Update

Looking
Ever since reading "The Gargoyle Hunters"
my eye finds them all over Manhattan
 In case you missed it:
~*~

Endless Winter
Most skies eventually ended up grey despite sudden bursts of sunlight and some glorious sunsets. The temperatures swung from the forties to twenties depending on prevailing winds and there were scattered snow and rain showers. Another storm promised next week!
Some skies were touchingly pale, but my dominant condition all week was 'under the weather. I spent a great deal of time napping and some hours writing at home.
 ~*~

Neighborhood
Housing Works continues to provide free entertainment with their great sound tracks and interesting browsing. Though I'm not buying, I like stopping in to visit other peoples pasts,
often meeting delightful critters like Pandy whose 'mother' carries many costumes and accessories for her. She is a willing poser and very sweet. She turns a dark mood bright.
The cross of Epiphany Catholic Church dominates the sky at this corner a block from the street where I've lived for forty eight years - as it did throughout my childhood in another time and place.
For lent, hundreds of prayer ribbons with individual messages penned by believers are tied to all the fences that surround it.
~*~

Wednesday
I got a great two-bear hug from old friends Nemo and Julio when I dragged myself out of bed to stop in for an hour and wish Julio Happy forty first Birthday, toasting him with a glass of cranberry juice.
See all the photos:

Thursday
Tibet House opening and I rallied again for an hour to see the gorgeous new show "Divine Feminine" Masterpieces from Nepal. Runs through May 11th
(Wine and water for visitors)


 Just the center section.
 close up
~*~

Friday
 Just home, rest, recuperation
~*~

Saturday
A beautiful day, traveled to the 14th street Y to meet Amina and Mary Megalli for a Special film by Dr. Magda Saleh on Egyptian Dance
wonderful
until
Tragedy Struck Again
LOST OR STOLEN
CAMERA
Full of some swell portraits taken of these friends. There will be no more photographs for awhile. I have another camera but need a friend to help set up the computer connection.
***
Sunday
CAMERA FOUND

No comments: